7Sense and UN's Sustainable Development Goals
The UN Sustainable Development Goals are being addressed and integrated in 7Sense's strategy and operations.
The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015, provides a shared blueprint for peace and prosperity for people and the planet, now and into the future. At its heart are the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), which are an urgent call for action by all countries - developed and developing - in a global partnership. They recognize that ending poverty and other deprivations must go hand-in-hand with strategies that improve health and education, reduce inequality, and spur economic growth – all while tackling climate change and working to preserve our oceans and forests.
From its base in Horten, Norway, the 7Sense group of companies creates cutting-edge technologies. We can offer solutions with a worldwide impact in line with the 2030 Agenda. Through the design and use of our agricultural sensor systems, we notably address a number of the SDs:
- Goal 2 End hunger, by ensuring sustainable food production systems and implement resilient agricultural practices (target 2.4)
- Goal 6 Ensure availability and sustainable management of water, by increasing water-use efficiency and ensuring sustainable withdrawals and supply of freshwater (target 6.4)
- Goal 8 Sustainable economic growth and decent work, by achieving higher levels of economic productivity through diversification, technological upgrading and innovation (target 8.2)
- Goal 12 Sustainable consumption and production, by reducing food losses along production and supply chains, including post-harvest losses (target 12.3).
- Goal 17 Global Partnerships for Sustainable development, will also be essential for realizing the full potential of our solutions and will once again be a way to achieve the goals in line with the 2030 Agenda.